Growing up in North Carolina, pulled pork BBQ was a common dinner. I love having it with a good cole slaw with it. Cole slaw is so easy to make. Here is my recipe!
Red Cabbage Cole Slaw
- 4 cups finely shredded/diced red cabbage (about 1/2 a head)
- 1/2-2/3 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (I use turbinado)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds (optional, but adds great flavor)
In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar well until sugar is dissolved. Mix in remaining ingredients. This is best after it has set overnight, but still good freshly made.