“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
This week at the Loft our theme is Autumn.
After a mentally, emotionally and physically taxing week, this is not going to be a deep post! I need some fluff to clear my head. I will see what I can do before I head to bed! If this does not make much sense, I am sorry. It is late and I am tired.
I used to not care much for Autumn. Everything getting icky and brown. dead leaves everywhere (because so matter how much I raked, I never got a pile of leaves worth jumping in…)….Winter has the hope of snow, Spring the promise of flowers, Summer has swimming, so, as a kid, Autumn was not my favorite season.
I do not care for the word ‘fall’ in reference to the Autumn season. Why say ‘fall’ when you can say ‘autumn’?
Now, however, I appreciate to lovely colors (I was trying to find a snippet I wrote about vibrant colors and such, but it’s super late, and I need to wrap this up and head to bed).
A newish family tradition we have is to go to my mom’s for a hayride to a pumpkin field and pick out a pumpkin. We will be doing that soon. I like getting pictures of the kids in the pumpkin patch.
I like pumpkin everything, so come September, hubby gets to try all sorts of pumpkiny goodness. He said he never really disliked pumpkin until I started putting it in everything….
Graphic by Kerry Messer
1. Be creative. We provide the prompt. You feel free to use words, photos, video, audio, your family pet, whatever, to communicate on the weekly prompt.
2. Listen twice as much. If you leave one link, visit two.
3. Be a community. Include #TheLoft graphic and/or hashtag in your post and social media so we can find each other.
4. Write like Jesus would write. We are a Christian link-up. Offensive or inappropriate posts will be deleted. No questions asked.
5. Be pertinent. Our heart is to build community and intimacy, and our means to do that is to build each link-up around a single prompt. Please make sure your post is on topic.
6. Link-Up. Each Wednesday morning at 5am EST, the link goes live, and for 6 glorious days you can link up your post on that week’s prompt. The linky will close at 5pm EST on Monday.
We are going to provide a months worth of prompts each week so that you can be thinking and planning for the coming weeks.
This Week’s Prompt: Autumn
October 28 Prompt: A Picture Prompt – take a look at the picture below and write a post about how it speaks to you.
November Prompts: The month of November will be all about Thanksgiving and being thankful. Any post, picture, poem, song about thankfulness is what we are linking up this month.
I hope you will plan to join us each week at The Loft Link-Up.
Now, it is time to link-up!!