It has been a challenging week, that is for sure. Of course, it is the week that I do a series of posts on Scriptures for Tough Times! If you missed it, there are three parts-Renewing Your Mind, Verses for Overwhelmed & Weary Moms, and Verses for When Trials come.
This past weekend the kids had a stomach bug, so more cuddles than cleaning, and extra laundry. The dishwasher that we finally got fixed is out again, so we will be saving up for a new one, and I will spend time that could be spent on other things doing the dishes. I may or may not have had a bit of a good cry Sunday night.
I am aiming to do dishes right away after meals so that they do not pile up. Dishes math is a real thing…
On top of the rough weekend, apparently the BBQ chips that the older children had at the family game night at church Friday night had red 40 on them…which means that the older ones have been insane. The rainy days we have had have not helped. So yesterday was spent mostly in survival mode.
If you have not looked into diet for issues that your children are having, I highly recommend doing so! It may just be one factor, but in our children it makes a huge difference if they get artificial colors, nitrites, corn, or high fructose corn syrup (corn by-product, in pretty much everything). They are different creatures! Aggressive, defiant, inattentive, wild…
Spring Bucket List Update:
- Last week we did get some rocks to paint, I think we are going to do that a bit later today.
- We have been learning about butterflies and plants.
- Our garden is sprouting. The children are excited. Saturday we had 7 sprouts, Sunday we had 63!
- We had a family movie night Saturday.
I am still open to guest posts for this summer. I would ideally like to have them all in by May 15th, but I think I will leave it open until the end of May. Please let me know if you are interested!
Mother’s Day in the US is Sunday. Please keep those having a hard time with that in your prayers. Women who long to be a mom, but struggle with infertility. Women who have lost a child or children. Those who have lost their mom.
On to the linkup!
The Aprons & Pearls Link-up
“If you want to experience consistent victory and see it played out in the atmosphere of your home, continually look for areas in which the Holy Spirit is leading to greater obedience, and ask God what your part is in making that a reality.
This is a Christ-based weekly link-up to encourage others in their walks, and help Christian bloggers get their work out there.
Leave links to posts that are:
Homemaking/natural living/parenting/Christian walk related.
This could be natural living posts, recipes, cleaning, parenting, devotions, lessons, homeschool, Christian living, mentoring, modesty, gardening, homemade, diy, marriage, relationships, frugality, etc.
- Link directly to your post (not to your homepage).
- Please, no marketing posts (Plexus, Jamberry, MLM Oils or the like). Affiliate links to relevant items okay.
- While I personally do not see anything wrong with a glass of wine every once in a while, please do not include alcoholic beverage recipes. It is a stumbling block to many, and I am not comfortable including them. They will be deleted.
- Feel free to include old posts that need some love, relevant link ups and giveaways.
- Leave as many as you like.
- Link back to the Aprons & Pearls Linkup, either using the button below or a text link on either your post, sidebar, or link party page.
- Use the hashtag #apronspearls when posting on social media so we can find your posts as well!
- I would like to encourage you to browse through the links and take time to visit some and comment when lead.
The link-up will run Tuesday at 6am-Sunday at 5pm. Please come back through Sunday and check out some of the posts!
I have made a Pinterest Board for the posts that you link-up, feel free to send me a message over on pinterest to be added. You can click here to check out the board.
As time allows I will pin some links from the linkup (unless you have already added them to the board), share them on social media and comment.
Please note: View expressed in linkedup posts do not necessarily reflect my own, and I reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts.
Now, to the link-up! Just click on the blue button below to add your link, and to check out all of the links left by others! Links are sorted randomly, so no need to worry if you join us late in the game!