Tuesday’s Krav Maga class was spent trying to get Ollie calmed down. We tried it without a sitter. The big three would have been fine, but Ollie just wanted attention. I got to do one drill. And that was only because the Sensei came over and was talking to him. I might need to accept that it is not happening in this season of life.
Girly woke up from nap Wednesday with a cough, so hubby came home and picked up our oldest to take to church. I stayed in with the three younger ones.
Wednesday night was rough for girly. And Mama. The three younger ones took turns keeping me up.
Thursday was hubby’s work-from-home day. He took a half day so that he could take our oldest to karate and go to Krav.
Girly stayed in bed with onion in her socks and an onion poultice on her.
Thursday night was a repeat of Wednesday night.
Friday my brother came up in the afternoon.
Saturday hubby, my brother, and our oldest went on a little Adventure.
Saturday night my brother watched the children so that hubby and I could go out to dinner to celebrate the anniversary of our engagement (which was Sunday).
When we got back our oldest was coughing as well. So we stayed home from church Sunday. I made up a big pot of Taz soup.
Yesterday I made elderberry syrup. It’s been a flurry of onions, garlic, echinacea, and elderberries here. Poultices, honey fermented garlic, onions in socks, and teas. Our house reeks of garlic and onions just now.
Girly cleared up in a bit more than two days. I am hoping that the boys do as well.
My mind has been turing to Thanksgiving planning. I have been tagged to do the turkey. I cannot wait. I do love doing a turkey.
Last week’s goals have pretty much failed
So I am picking back up again.
Bed making is rather hard when there is a sick child in it all day.
Christmas shopping is nearly done. Okay, about half done.
What are your Thanksgiving plans? How is Christmas shopping going?
On to the linkup!
The Aprons & Pearls Link-up
“If you want to experience consistent victory and see it played out in the atmosphere of your home, continually look for areas in which the Holy Spirit is leading to greater obedience, and ask God what your part is in making that a reality.
This is a Christ-based weekly link-up to encourage others in their walks, and help Christian bloggers get their work out there.
Leave links to posts that are:
Homemaking/natural living/parenting/Christian walk related.
This could be natural living posts, recipes, cleaning, parenting, devotions, lessons, homeschool, Christian living, mentoring, modesty, gardening, homemade, diy, marriage, relationships, frugality, etc.
- Link directly to your post (not to your homepage).
- Please, no marketing posts (Plexus, Jamberry, MLM Oils or the like). Affiliate links to relevant items okay.
- While I personally do not see anything wrong with a glass of wine every once in a while, please do not include alcoholic beverage recipes. It is a stumbling block to many, and I am not comfortable including them. They will be deleted.
- Feel free to include old posts that need some love, relevant link ups and giveaways.
- Leave as many as you like.
- Link back to the Aprons & Pearls Linkup, either using the button below or a text link on either your post, sidebar, or link party page.
- Use the hashtag #apronspearls when posting on social media so we can find your posts as well!
- I would like to encourage you to browse through the links and take time to visit some and comment when lead.
The link-up will run Tuesday at 6am-Sunday at 5pm. Please come back through Sunday and check out some of the posts!
I have made a Pinterest Board for the posts that you link-up, feel free to send me a message over on pinterest to be added. You can click here to check out the board.
As time allows I will pin some links from the linkup (unless you have already added them to the board), share them on social media and comment.
Please note: View expressed in linkedup posts do not necessarily reflect my own, and I reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts.
Now, to the link-up! Just click on the blue button below to add your link, and to check out all of the links left by others! Links are sorted randomly, so no need to worry if you join us late in the game!